It is common to all Filipinos to eat rice meal thrice a day. Therefore many Filipino mothers out there are always thinking what viand they should cook for their meals.
That is why I wrote this article to simply help you to answer that question. I will teach you on how to cook simple and delicious yet healthy recipe. Actually this recipe is popular dish for all Filipinos but only few knows how to cook this Fish Pochero.
Pochero is always composed of beef, pork or chicken with banana and different kinds of vegetables, but in this recipe instead of using meat I used fish, to make it healthier good for all the members of the family.
Below are the ingredients and procedure on how to cook this dish. I hope you will like it.
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 1 kilo tilapia
- 200 g green beans
- 200 g cabbage sliced
- 5 pcs. medium sized banana (saba) sliced
- 200 g bokchoy
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 cups of water
- Fry banana in frying pan over medium heat until it slightly turns to golden brown. After frying the banana set it aside, fry the tilapia in the same frying pan. After frying set it aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in oil in another sauce pan. Add the green beans and steam it for 2 minutes. Then add bokchoy, tomato paste, banana, tilapia, water and the fish sauce. Let all boil for 4 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and then cook for 2 minutes.
- Ready to serve.